NETA IN THE ELITE SOCIETY OF THE EUROPEAN ASSEMBLY
New European Theatre Action – NETA is a cultural association with head office in Ljubljana.
It was founded in 2004 on the initiative of the present and former Ministers of culture and theatre and festival directors with the purpose of developing international NETA-network. The network combines efforts and results in the field of stage art in different forms and encourages collaboration of festivals and other cultural activities in European countries – exchange of performances, artists and technical crew, co-productions, upgrading knowledge of experts, organisation of all forms of theatrical education, publishing activities, development of theatre and cultural space and binding theatre, film, art and other renowned cultural institutions in Europe and beyond.
The European Commission and EACEA (Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency) acknowledged the quality of NETA-network in the European space and added it to the list of 23 funded European networks being the only network from this part of Europe.
In the upcoming period 2014–2017 we are planning following activities that will be co-funded by the European Commission:
- establishment of NETA research institution and its international breakthrough;
- NETA information centre connecting journalists from the European cultural space;
- international theatre and dance productions (twice or three-times yearly);
- launching of NETA international art ensemble;
- establishment of NETA subsidiaries in Bitola (Macedonia) and Brussels (Belgium) in 2015 and later on in New York (the USA) and Georgia;
- NETA international festivals (in Bucharest in 2015);
- launching of internet television station and later cable station NETA Art TV.
NETA network currently assembles 67 theatres and festivals from 19 European countries.